Solar Power Purchase Agreement Rates In India 2020

The guidelines provide for the selection of hybrid projects (for which solar and wind projects can be grouped or separated) using a transparent e-bidding process, followed by an electronic auction with the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) as a nodule agency for the purchase of electricity for at least 25 (25) years. (a),b, installed electricity generation capacity in India (a) and annual PV extensions in India (b) (2010-2018); Based on data from Climatescope51, India Infrastructure Research52 and Mercom53. (a) India more than doubled its electricity generation capacity between 2010 and 2018 to keep pace with population and economic growth. This increase is mainly due to an increase in coal and electricity generation capacity from wind and solar power. b, the sharp increase in Pv (b) was largely fuelled by the (Jawaharlal Nehru) National Solar Mission (NSM), a program launched by the Indian government with the aim of reaching an installed capacity of 100 GW by 20222. The expansion has been mainly powered by solar-scale power installations, but rooftop solar installations have played an increasingly important role in recent years. In order to examine the additional energy production costs that could result from the introduction of the LCR Directive, we collected project-level data on bids, bidders and other results from 28 solar auctions in India between 2014 and 2017 (see additional figure 1-4 for details on the data set). Our data covers all photovoltaic auctions conducted by the central government in 2014-2017, where LCR auctions were held in parallel with non-LCR auctions. Our data covers about 60% of all public auctions. We do not have the other 40% because there are no adequate counterfacts.

These LCR and non-LCR auctions were conducted in 10 states and nationally, consisting of approximately 21.7 GW of auction capacity (including 6.5 GW) and which, during this period, accounted for about half of india`s solar access and about 5% of India`s total installed capacity. LCRs were an important feature of these auctions.