Western Schools Tuition Agreement

Which schools give the most discounts to California students? I live in a WICHE state and intend to enroll in a WUE institution. Do I automatically receive discounted education? Suppose you`re a California student interested in Boise State University (Fun fact: his mascot is Buster the Bronco #themoreyouknow). Extra-governmental education is normally $22,642. This is much higher than the state education, which is only $7,326. However, if you qualify for the WUE scholarship, you`ll instead pay 150% of that rate in the state, which is $10,989 at the end. Congratulations- You`ll save $11,653 a year! Do all public schools in these countries offer WUE education? The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is an agreement between THE 16 member states and territories of WICHE, through which more than 160 participating public schools and universities offer Western students high savings in non-resident education. Western Undergraduate Exchange is a study reduction program run by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). It is not a needs-based curriculum, which means that many students can benefit from more affordable extra-national training. In addition to maintaining high scores and achieving a high SAT or ACT score, it is best to apply at an early stage! Many schools limit the number of DEE scholarships, so an early application can increase your chances of getting a scholarship.

Eligible students can choose from hundreds of bachelor`s programs outside their home country and pay no more than 150% of the institution`s tuition fee rate. This is important, but here is an example: if the best Western University tuition fees you are enrolling in are $10,000, then your WUE rate would be $15,000 ($10,000 x 1.5). If you paid the full non-resident rate, you would pay $20,000, so you save $5,000 ($20,000 – $15,000) a year. Please note that this is just an illustration. Go directly to your descriptor to find out what your housing allowance is to calculate your WUE rate. In the last academic year, more than 26,700 students saved $210.8 million by joining the WUE. The Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) helps higher education systems in the western United States share resources, including fee reciprocity. Most institutions require you to apply for the WUE rate before classes start. They can go to the admissions service to see if this is possible, but it is very unlikely that they will attribute the teaching of the WUE retroactively. Also, make sure that if you received the DEE reduction rate, you received it in writing from your registered institution.

Please note that WICHE does not set qualification criteria for WUE candidates, we do not process applications or take part in the student competition. It is equally important that the reduction in the WUE education rate is not automatically attributed to all eligible applicants. Most institutions limit the number of new WUE awards each academic year, so apply at an early stage! They would pay no more than 150 per cent of the resident of the institution that recommended it — a significant saving compared to the regular tuition fees of non-residents. Wue (pronounced “woo-wee”) is the Western Undergraduate Exchange and is coordinated by WICHE.